IMPORTANT - OUR COVID RACE PROTOCOLS ARE NOW AVAILABLE HERE. BE CERTAIN YOU ARE OKAY WITH OUR SAFETY PROTOCOLS BEFORE YOU REGISTER. DISAGREEMENT WITH OUR SAFETY PROTOCOLS WILL NOT BE GROUNDS FOR A REFUND OR DEFERRAL.
In consideration for my registration in the 2022 Oregon Rivalry Relay (hereinafter ORR"), I understand and agree to the following:
1. As correspondence is exclusively via email, the captain must provide an accurate email address.
2. Payment is due with registration and is made with a credit card (left side of payment page), PayPal account (if you have a PayPal account, they will not accept credit card payment via the credit card link), or by check. If you elect to pay by check, you will be sent an invoice with a due date. Your registration will not be official until your check is received and will be cancelled if payment is not received by due date.
3. The minimum age for participants is fourteen (14) years of age. Participants between the ages of fourteen (14) and eighteen (18), as well as their parent or guardian, must sign the waiver of liability.
4. Any runner substitution or additions made to your 2022 team after November 20th will result in a $10 penalty fee per runner - no exceptions.
5. I understand that my team is responsible for picking one of the two volunteer options:
- Option #1- Supply volunteers: Each 5-person team will supply one (1) volunteer. The volunteer requirement is waived for High School teams. The minimum age for a volunteer is 16 years old. Volunteers need to be flexible. As the relay route is 52-miles long and takes place continuously throughout the day, the race marshal assignments can be anywhere along the route and at any time during the relay. I understand that if any of our volunteer(s) do not show up on time, my team will receive a time penalty. If our team does not supply the required volunteer(s), I understand we will not be permitted to start. If any of our volunteer(s) do not show up at their selected assignment, I understand our team will be disqualified and our team agrees we will not continue.
- Option #2- Tax deductible donation to Volunteers With A Purpose, Inc. - funds will go to local non-profit organizations who will supply volunteers as a fund-raising opportunity for their organization. This is a much easier way to go - you don't have to find volunteers, you don't have to worry about their plans changing the week of the relay and not being available to help you out, and you won't have to worry about what time of day or night their assignment will be. Plus, you will be making a much appreciated donation to a local non-profit organization.